Wimbotsham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated close to the River Great Ouse. It has a primary school, a local shop and a public house called "The Chequers". Also located in the village are two churches: the Church of St Mary, the Virgin; and the Wimbotsham Methodist Church. The is also a village green, village hall and recreation ground with play area.
The Church of St Mary, the Virgin is an Anglican church built in 1175, open 24-hours to the public. The honorary priest in charge is the David Karoon. It has three bells.
The church is believed to be have been built in 1175, with some late 13th century work, and both north and south doors are believed Norman, dating from the 12th century. A medieval wall painting of St. Christopher is recorded in the nave. In 1853/4 the roof of the nave was altered from thatch to slate with the walls raised to suit. The original chancel was rebuilt complete with an apse over what was thought to be a prior structure. The church's bench-ends, although in the Suffolk style of the 15th century, are actually the work of James Rattee in the 19th century.
As well as the Anglican Church of St Mary, the Virgin, there is also a Methodist chapel located within the village, the Wimbotsham Methodist Church. The Minister is Reverend Maurice Stafford.
The chapel was opened in 1894 with additions being made in 1896 in the form of a Sunday School. Further alterations were made in 1950 and 1970.
Since 1990, Wimbotsham has been the location of the Fenman Classic Bike Show, an annual bike show held on the last Monday of every August, to coincide with a United Kingdom bank holiday. The logo depicts a farm hand with smock and floppy hat, holding a mug of ale and standing in front of a bike's silhouette. Overall, the Fenman Classic Bike Show offers 27 prizes, including the "Best Bike in Show" prize.